Hyundai I30 n, Cold Air Intake V1.1. 3-Inch Redline Cotton Filter.
Hyundai I30 n Cold Air Intake V1.1
We are excited to introduce you to our first of many Hyundai I30n bolt-on upgrade parts. Hyundai has outdone themselves with the I30n, and we are eager to push the limits of this amazing, extremely underrated car. Our aim for the I30n development program is to deliver high-performing parts with intelligent design to provide aftermarket capability with OEM quality. Our team are incredibly passionate about creative and innovative design while maintaining practicality, taking pride in our ability to achieve a flawless fit and finish, time after time. We have put a lot of time into planning our parts development program for the I30n, with modular integration of future parts already designed into this 3 inch Cold Air Intake. We are in the final stages of finishing three new products for the I30n, with many more in the planning and early development stages.
Benefits of Fitting a Cold Air Intake
Colder air, better noises, more power
An induction kit is often the first modification people do to their cars due to the ease of fitment, increased intake sound and relatively low cost for usually around a 2-5% power increase.
Finer filtration, less restriction
There are several differences between the standard paper filter and the cotton-style 3-inch Redline pod filter used in this kit. The main difference is how the filters collect dirt particles.
In a paper filter, the filtration is done by layers of fine-grained paper and each layer trap finer particles. This style of filter works well to trap dirt but causes poor airflow. Paper filters block up very quickly and only have a short working life with even shorter peak performance. Cotton air filters capture dirt particles with oil in the filter. Since the oil is doing most of the dirt filtration, more air can flow through coarse holes. The other main advantage to a cotton style air filter is that is it reusable, and there is less power loss between cleaning intervals.
Striking looks, Improved appearance
Gone are the days of having a factory engine bay to show off unless you're buying a supercar. When you open up the bonnet of most new cars, you’ll most likely see A LARGE plastic cover hiding an ugly engine, littered with sensors and parts that leave you scratching your head! Fitting a performance intake will give you a reason to open your bonnet and show off your engine.
It's All About The Sound!
The subtle but noticeable turbo spool will give you a cheeky grin whenever you put your foot down, with the sound really coming alive after 4 thousand rpm. This sound, combined with the sounds of the recirc valve blasting out the Redline air filter is something to be heard. WAIT! In the background you hear loud explosions coming from the tailpipes, rrrr ummm Bang Bang! rrr uuu mmmmm Bang Bang. You notice that you have a much sharper exhaust crack. A very distinctive crackle that will really make you stand out in your boring commute to work. While you are wondering how many people are still in bed at 5 am... Hahaha… come on, we all do it.
The Art Of Design
- Shape- The air-box is of 5 sided design. The top edge of the airbox makes contact with the bonnet, Sealing the box from the engine box heat.
- Placement- The air-box is mounted further over then factory to increase usable engine bay space for future products.
- Mounting-We have utilised factory mounting points, which means no drilling or additional bolts required for the ease of installation.
- Seal- A durable rubber pinch mould seal is fitted along the top edge of the airbox. This seal aids in protecting the air filter from drawing hot air from the engine bay compartment
- Ducting/ lock of ducting from factory location- The air for the engine is drawn in from the large opening in the inner wheel arch. While developing the induction kit, we discovered that the factory air ducting didn't have any ramming effect from the high-pressure air on the front of the vehicle. We felt that attempting to connect to factory duct up would be an added complication to the design of the airbox for no added performance gains. It was our initial intention to connect this factory duct up to our airbox and produce an air ramming scoop behind the grill. But to achieve this style scoop, it would require parts of the vehicle to be cut, and this would affect the warranty of the car.
- Future mounting points- On the underside of the airbox, we have included two additional sets of mounting holes. These holes will be used for the mounting of products we are currently designing for the I30n. The holes are blanked off with rubber grommets.
- Hose fittings- The use of screw-in aluminium hose fittings is key to the intake pipes adaptability. Using this type hose connector, it allows you to remove the hose tails and block them up Allen key plugs. Or swap to AN fittings for the use of braided hoses
- Female bungs- Using these fittings is key to the adaptability of the hose connections, which is essential for our soon to be released i30n catch can kit
- Tube- 3-inch aluminium tube with bead rolled ends
- Bov return pipe- The pipe is designed to be used with the stock re-circulation valve hose (BOV)
Although not a very well known brand these days, Redline has a company history of over 60 year manufacturing in Australia, with a reputation for delivering quality performance intake manifold and air filter. Redline air filter have been using in every form of motor racing with a proven history of performance and reliability. Redline’s 3-inch oiled cotton air filter is no exception, with it delivering equal performance to other well-known brands. We trust that this filter won't let you down.
The 3-inch intake pipe and air box are powder coated in stunning textured black. The textured coating gives the parts an OEM + feel and really fits the overall look of the engine bay. We have matched the pipe up with Black anodised Speedflow fitting and black silicone hoses to complete the look.
3 Inch Cold Air Intake Kit Contains
- Powder-coated black aluminium airbox, with top blister rubber seal
- 3-inch Aluminium intake pipe, with ½” and ⅜” hose tail.
- 3 inch Redline cotton air filter
- 4 ply Black Silicone joiners
- Breeze Worm drive hose clamps